Complete 2015-16 Public Show Calendar
- Exploring New Horizons - 8 p.m. - May 6-7, 13-14, 20-21
Explores the New Horizons spacecraft and its mission to the dwarf planet Pluto. Learn about the history of planetary discovery.
- Case of the Disappearing Planet - 2 p.m. - May 7, 14, 21
Students play detective, collect clues, and travel through time to examine how people have viewed planets and how new technology and discoveries have changed how we determine what is a planet.
New for May:
Visitor Appreciation - 8 p.m. - May 27 & 28, 2 p.m. - May 28May 28th at 8 p.m. will be our LAST public show until September.Join us July 9th and 10th for the YSU Summer Festival of the Arts.
News Release (3/9/16): Ward Beecher Planetarium receives $650K as part of major NASA funded educational initiative.
- Once the show has started, latecomers will not be admitted.
- All shows are free and open to the public (donations are always appreciated).
- No reservations are needed - doors open 30 minutes prior to show time. First come, first seated!
- Parking: Street parking is available on Lincoln Ave. and Phelps St. Meters are free on the weekends.
- Overflow parking may be found in the Wick Avenue parking deck (M1) for $5.00.
- The planetarium is very dark and sound travels very well in the room, the noise level may not be appropriate for everyone.
- Parents should use their own judgment based on the program descriptions and knowledge of their child.
- For more information, call the Planetarium’s InfoLine at 330 941-1370.
L-R: WBP Staff: Jill Mogg, Admin. Asst.;
Curt Spivey, Planetarium Engineer;
Dr. Patrick Durrell, Planetarium Director/Astronomy Faculty;
Dr. John Feldmeier, Astronomy Faculty;
Tiffany Wolbrecht, Planetarium Lecturer.
For more information, visit the "Contact Us" page