IMPORTANT - Please read the Parking Notes/YSU Construction project information below:
- Due to a major construction project on Lincoln Ave, the road is closed and temporary crossing areas are rocky with obstructions.
- The handicapped lot between Jones Hall and Ward Beecher is also closed.
- Visitor parking on the street, will be limited to Phelps St. between Lincoln and Wood St.(east side of the Williamson Business School),
and Hazel St. between Rayen and Wood (west side of the Williamson Business School).
- Parking will also be available in the Wick Ave. parking deck (M1) for a fee of $5.00, or free with a YSU parking permit.
- The Wick Ave. deck (M1) will be accessible via the rear entrance on Walnut St. off of Rayen Ave (near the MVR Restaurant)
- Visitors should park on the 4th floor of the deck and use the pedestrian bridge to campus.
- From the campus end of the pedestrian bridge, turn left as you pass the library and use the sidewalk to the Ward Beecher Planetarium.
- This route will be the easiest for wheelchair accessibility.
- YSU Parking Services news release regarding construction projects: YSU Parking Services News Release
- Once the show has started, latecomers will not be admitted.
- All shows are free and open to the public (donations are always appreciated).
- No reservations are needed - doors open 30 minutes prior to show time. First come, first seated!
- The planetarium is very dark and sound travels very well in the room, the noise level may not be appropriate for everyone.
- Parents should use their own judgment based on the program descriptions and knowledge of their child.
- For public show information, call the Planetarium’s 24 hour InfoLine at 330 941-1370 or the
Department of Physics & Astronomy (M-F, 8:00 am -4:30 pm).
- To schedule a FIELD TRIP - contact Tiffany Wolbrecht at 330-941-3619.
News Release (3/9/16): Ward Beecher Planetarium receives $650K as part of major NASA funded educational initiative.
L-R: WBP Staff: Jill Mogg, Admin. Asst.;
Curt Spivey, Planetarium Engineer;
Dr. Patrick Durrell, Planetarium Director/Astronomy Faculty;
Dr. John Feldmeier, Astronomy Faculty;
Tiffany Wolbrecht, Planetarium Lecturer.
For more information, visit the "Contact Us" page