Come out July 9th and 10th for the
YSU Summer Festival of the Arts!
The Ward Beecher Planetarium will once again be part of the action
with shows on the hour from 12:00 to 4:00 pm.
For complete information, visit the SFA website at:
September 2016 kicks off our year long 50th Anniversary celebration (1967-2017)!
Check back later this summer for more information on...
and the RETURN of our Laser Weekend!
News Release (3/9/16): Ward Beecher Planetarium receives $650K as part of major NASA funded educational initiative.
- Once the show has started, latecomers will not be admitted.
- All shows are free and open to the public (donations are always appreciated).
- No reservations are needed - doors open 30 minutes prior to show time. First come, first seated!
- Parking: Street parking is available on Lincoln Ave. and Phelps St. Meters are free on the weekends.
- Overflow parking may be found in the Wick Avenue parking deck (M1) for $5.00.
- The planetarium is very dark and sound travels very well in the room, the noise level may not be appropriate for everyone.
- Parents should use their own judgment based on the program descriptions and knowledge of their child.
- For more information, call the Planetarium’s InfoLine at 330 941-1370.
L-R: WBP Staff: Jill Mogg, Admin. Asst.;
Curt Spivey, Planetarium Engineer;
Dr. Patrick Durrell, Planetarium Director/Astronomy Faculty;
Dr. John Feldmeier, Astronomy Faculty;
Tiffany Wolbrecht, Planetarium Lecturer.
For more information, visit the "Contact Us" page